- sub-total 0.00
- Discount (-) 0.00
- Home Delivery Charges 0
- total 0.00
The moment we hear the term yoga, we think- this is going to be tough. But did you know about one of the easiest techniques to strengthen your back and get rid of that back pain for good? The warrior II and triangle pose to strengthen and lengthen the legs, hips, and chest.
1. Here’s how you dothe warrior II pose (Veerabhadrasana)
• Stand straight with your feet 3-4 feet apart.
• Raise your arms parallel to the floor to shoulder height with palms facing upwards
• Turn your right foot outside slightly to the right and left foot inside
• Turn your right thigh outwards
• Now bend your right knee and make sure your right kneecap is in a straight line with right ankle.
• Firm your thighs
• Now turn your head to the right side and look out over the fingers.
• Hold onto this pose by pressing the left heel firmly to the floor.
• Stretch the arms and gently push your pelvis downwards.
• Hold onto this pose for 30 seconds to one minute
• Slowly come back to the original position.
• Reverse the feet and repeat the steps for the left side.
2. Follow these steps to stretch your legs and abdomen with triangle pose (Utthitatrikonasana) -
• Stand straight with feet 3-4 feet apart.
• Turn the right toe outwards and left toe slightly inward. Make sure the center of your right heel is aligned with the center of thearch of your left foot
• Make sure your feet are firmly grounded so that your body is balanced
• Now as you bend your body to the right, push your left hip out to the left side
• Your left hand will be facing upwards while your right hand will be facing downwards, such that both the arms will be perpendicular to the floor.
• Try to rest your right hand on the floor or ankle of the right leg
• Turn your head upwards to face the left palm
• Hold your body firmly in the sideways position
• Breathe and hold in this position for 3-4 breaths and try to stretch your body
• Come back slowly by bringing your left arm downward
• Reverse the feet and repeat the steps for the left side
The triangle and warrior II pose will provide you the following health benefits as it.
• Strengthens your lower body along with your abdomen
• Reduces lower back pain
• Relieves stress
• Increases stamina
• Improves balance and concentration
Before starting the trikonasana and veerbhadrasana, make sure you are not suffering from any back injury, have a medical history of high or low blood pressure, migraine or diarrhea.
Written by -